NCPL Exclusive Links
The databases linked below are provided as a courtesy to our users. We cannot be held responsible for content that we do not control.
- Ancestry.com (Inside Library) – This is the world’s largest online resource for family history for genealogists and those studying their family histories.
- Basic ESL (Learn English Online) – Basic ESL improves an individual’s listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through a simple to follow, and instructionally proven curriculum. Students learn English quickly and effectively on relevant topics including: family, home, school and many other topics. In each lesson students learn key vocabulary and how to use that vocabulary in conversation. No computer experience is necessary. Click on “Instant Access” to enter without registering.
- Driving-Tests.org – NCPL is proud to offer free online test prep for both Indiana automobile and motorcycle BMV driving tests. No library card or personal information is needed. This valuable resource offers BMV permit practice tests for the beginner or as a great way to brush up on Indiana traffic laws for license renewals.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – This is a multidisciplinary collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other specialized reference sources available to you 24/7.
- HeritageQuest (from home with library card) – This is a comprehensive resource of genealogical sources – rich in primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids.
- Literary Criticism – This scholarly resource profiles novelists, poets, playwrights, journalists, etc. with full-text or excerpted criticism.
- Morningstar (Inside Library) – This offers real time access to comprehensive data and independent analysis on investments, spanning mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds and closed-end funds.
- Morningstar (From Home) – This offers real time access to comprehensive data and independent analysis on investments, spanning mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds and closed-end funds.
- Motor All Data – Available at Chandler & Central locations only.
- Browning Genealogy & Obituary Search – This includes obituary records of Vanderburgh County and surrounding southwestern Indiana from the Evansville newspapers: The Evansville Courier, The Evansville Press, and now The Evansville Courier and Press.
- Evansville-Vanderburgh Public Library – NOTE: We do not have a reciprocal borrowing agreement with EVPL.
- University of Evansville
- University of Southern Indiana
- Willard Library – Located in Evansville, Willard Library is Indiana’s oldest library.